Thursday, April 26, 2012

Makerbot visit!

On my way back to Norway from San Diego I had a 27 hour lay over (planned on purpose) in New York City.  While there I took advantage of the time and jetted on over to Brooklyn where I was able to meet Greg Shutack and Bre Pettis from MakerBot Industries.
It was rather a fluke actually because I got this stupid idea to jet on over to Brooklyn from Hoboken New Jersey and meet someone from the MakerBot there.  While trying to find the building I bumbed into this guy on the street with three spindles of ABS plastic and asked him if he could help me with meeting someone there.  it was Greg Shutack the Executive Administrator for MakerBot Industries and he gave me a quick tour of the operations.
While there I was able to meet Bre Pettis and I embarrassingly flagged him down and said hi and told him about my Pancake Bot.
Here is a photo of me and Bre.
 Wow, either I'm really short or he's really tall.
Behind us are loads of Makerbots printing lots of things getting ready for the Maker Faire in San Mateo California.

What is so cool about this is the fact that these guys took a few minutes out of their busy time to say hi and had no problem encouraging me about my projects and chatting for a second.

Thanks Maker Bot Industries!

No comments:

Post a Comment